By-catch reduction device for marine mammals.
This acoustic deterrent device for dolphins and other cetaceans is developed in accordance with the published European Council Regulation EC 812/2004 of 26 April 2004, Annex II, which specifies for this model of PINGER®that its installation in fishing nets must be carried out maintaining a maximum spacing between devices of 200 metres, with an acoustic device attached to each end of the net or combination of nets joined together.
- Acoustic deterrent device for dolphins and other cetaceans, proven effective for more than 10 years.
- Suitable for different fishing gear, complying with European and international regulations on animal protection and the environment.
- Easy handling, transport and storage.
- The long life of its batteries avoids handling by the user and extra work for boat personnel.
- Made of highly resistant and durable materials.
- Its sealing system and outer casing allows it to be effective at a depth of 500 metres, without water leaks or deterioration of the components.
- Automatic activation in the aquatic environment and system shutdown in dry environments.
- Device with electrostatic discharge protection circuit, by means of a special semiconductor element.
- Battery consumption warning by means of an LED indicator light. The low battery indicator lights up automatically when the element is removed from the water, indicating, for 30 seconds with a flashing pulse light, that the element has reached the end of its useful life and must be replaced by another one.
- This indication remains operational for more than a week, emitting light pulses each time the element is used.